For this week’s activity, we were asked to create a twine story.  Twine storytelling embodies a few of the multimedia learning principles that we have learnt in class. The first one I can relate to my interactive story is the Segmenting Principle which states that we learn best when information is presented in segments rather than one continuous stream. This is evident in my story as each part of the story is separated into small text. It is not a long paragraph style of writing. Another multimedia learning principle that I can relate to this storytelling activity is the Personalization Principle. This principle states that we learn best with an informal style of explanation rather than strictly formal. This is evident in my story as I made the writing style personal and easy to follow along to.

A twine story is a great method of education as it keeps readers engaged in the development of the story. Paying attention is important in all aspects of learning. Being able to follow along and get to the final conclusion of a story is beneficial to all learners. Providing education through stories can improve curiosity, imagination, and communication. Reading to someone can increase their willingness to express themselves and communicate their thoughts and feelings. You can use a Twine story for instructional purposes by assigning a story and asking follow-up questions to spark general conversation.